Thistledown She's Electric Grenache 2020
McLaren Vale, South Australia, Australia
Producer: Thistledown Wine Company
Some vineyards have a remarkable story to tell and we came upon such a vineyard in late 2016. At the Seaview end of Chapel Hill Rd, it’s old bush vines contrasted by a planting of much younger Grenache. Apparently, half of the vineyard was burned when a bird caught light on a power line, fell to the ground and set light to the vineyard! We were so glad that some of the amazing old vines are still there for us to use.
Aromatic, fragrant and almost pinot-like, this wine has great energy. Cranberry, spice and wild cherry combine with silky texture to create a beautifully elegant red.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Points, Awards, Reviews:
- 96 points & Great Value Award - James Halliday Wine Companion
- 96 points - JamesSuckling.com
- 95 points - Gary Walsh, The Wine Front
- 92 points - Huon Hooke, The Real Review
- 91 points - Wines & Spirits Magazine
Grape Variety: Grenache