Thistledown This Charming Man Single Vineyard Grenache 2020
Clarendon, McLaren Vale, South Australia, Australia
Producer: Thistledown Wine Company
On a beautiful hillside in the Clarendon sub-region of McLaren Vale, three generations of the Smart family have devoted their lives to Grenache. Decades have passed where precious few valued their crop and yet they endured. That this remarkable vineyard has sustained is down to one man, Bernard Smart and this wine pays homage to this charming man.
This wine displays muscular yet elegant silky black fruits couple with deep, rich, warming spices, hints of violet, mineral and black cherry.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- 97 points - JamesSuckling.com (Nick Stock) - TOP 100 AUSTRALIAN WINES OF THE YEAR
- TOP 100 Mathhew Jukes Best Australian Wines
- 95 points - Ned Goodwin MW, Wine Companion
- 95 points - Gary Walsh, The Wine Front
- 95 points - Stuart Knox, The Real Review
- 94 points - Vinous